Exploring Peak Jayawijaya - Papua, Indoneisa
Jayawijaya Mountains is a mountain range that lies at the center of the province of West Papua and Papua (Indonesia) to Papua New Guinea on the island of New Guinea. Rows of Mountains which have some of the highest peak in Indonesia is formed by removal of the sea floor thousands of years ago. Uniquely Although located at an altitude of 4800 masl, fossilized sea shells, for example, can be found in limestone and clastic rocks contained in Jayawijaya Mountains. Therefore, in addition to the climbers paradise, paradise Jayawijaya Mountains also become the world's geological researchers.
Jayawijaya Mountains are also the only mountain and mountain in Indonesia which has a peak covered with eternal snow. Although not all peaks of the cluster Jayawijaya Mountains that has snow. Snow is owned by several peaks even at this time is lost due to climate change globally.
Jayawijaya Mountains has 6 peaks of the famous:
- Puncak Jaya is a peak that became part of Barisan Sudirman contained in the province of Papua, Indonesia. Puncak Jaya has a height of 4884 m and the surrounding glaciers Carstenz there, the only tropical glaciers in Indonesia, which most likely will soon disappear due to global warming.The peak was once named Poentjak Sukarno and is the highest mountain in Oceania. Puncak Jaya is one of the top seven of the world.
- Puncak Yamin 4.535 M.dpl
- Puncak Idenberg 4.673 M.dpl
- Puncak Mandala (in the Dutch colonial period known as Julianatop) is one of the mountain in Papua, Indonesia. With a height of 4760 m, Puncak Mandala is the 3rd highest mountain in Indonesia after Puncak Jaya and Peak Trikora. Puncak Mandala Star Mountains form the eastern part and are near the border of Papua New Guinea.
- Trikora Peak (Puncak Trikora) is a mountain located in West Papua, Indonesia. The peak has an altitude as high as 4.751 Trikora meters, making it the second highest mountain after Puncak Jaya in Indonesia. Trikora Peak Hill dipterocarp forest has, Upper dipterocarp forest, Montane forest, and mountain or forest Ericaceous Forest.
- puncak Carstenz Timur 4400 M.dpl
Source : http://id.wikipedia.org
Tag : exploring peak jayawijaya, jayawijaya mountains, puncak jayawijaya